Monday, August 16, 2010

My heart burns for you

Please allow me to start off by saying- being married is so fun!
Some recently discovered fun stuff about being married:

*Living together is way better than living alone.
*Eating breakfast and having coffee in the morning is the best!
*Camping and sleeping in the same tent is so much fun!


That said- Justin and I still have a lot of work to do!

What I mean is- God is calling us nearer to Him and we must respond, we just don't know exactly what that means yet! We are praying for opportunities and for God to open doors. We have an excitement in our hearts that continues to fuel us towards our destiny together.

In this new season God is calling me to come deeper with him and get to know him more. I have been trying to get into the habit of praying when I wake up. I want prayer to be more apart of my daily routine. I prayed on the way to work today. My heart right now is simply this: I want to be used by God, I want to make a difference every day and not shy away from opportunities and always feeling like, "I am not ready yet."

I want to write more. I want to make an impact with my writing. I want to encourage people to live with the freedom I have experienced with my Father God.

I want to use my voice that God has given me to sing and worship. I have a passion inside of me that has been bottled up for too long. What am I scared of?

I am on a mission: to embrace life to its fullest instead of always thinking of what might happen. Justin is "Mr. Go with the flow", so what does that make me? "Mrs. I worry about everything", I guess! Always thinking of what might happen. But I even worry about the smallest things sometimes. The most common conversation Justin and I have is me worrying about something and him telling me it's all going to be ok. When Justin and I first met, I was much worse. I was a wound up ball of worry! Justin has taught me to trust God so much more than I ever did, (when I thought I was!) and to even trust Him in the little things. Justin has this gift of faith in God that seems never ending. Nothing seems to sway it. I admire that about him and he has taught me so much through that gift.

Something is around the corner and I want to be ready and willing to take it on...

I can't help but think: "Ok God I am married now, what's next?"

"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will will find, knock and the door will be opened to you."

Matthew 7:7

~M


1 comment:

  1. I love you Melissa, and have LOVED watching the journey you are on! What and adventure! I will always be cheering you on!

    xoxo,
    Cierra

    ReplyDelete